Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First blog

well....i actually did have a blogspot account way back in the day before they were cool, but i neglected it and so it disappeared into the abyss. I use that phrase a lot. there must be an abyss somewhere filled with half filled blogs, unfinished thoughts and the remainder of my life :(. 

But yes so i'm single now....and kind of loving it. i've always enjoyed being single (as most of you know) and am happy to continue on with my single lady ways. Although i will miss the convenient excuse of  "can't. I have a boyfriend", i do like being available. 

Enough about that. I love books. I get this from my father. He has a million books in his library and has only read about 1/4 of them. We sabotage bookstores that are going out of business and buy up half the shop. Currently I am reading The Other Boleyn girl. Decent story, hilarious, and I found myself sympathizing with the most unlikely character. sadly, he dies about a third of the way in. Cried myself to sleep (not really). 

Anybody know the list of the BBC's 100 books everybody should read? Counting the Bible I've read exactly 50. And i recently looked at a copy of the Handmaids Tale and decided it looks interesting. Not a huge fan of Margaret Attwood, but worth a shot.  

2 comments:

  1. I tried Margaret Atwood, and I just couldn't read it. Hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, I had to read Atwood for my gr 12 English ISP...detested the book because it was so weird...not that weird is a bad thing, but it was like...she became an animal and stuff....

    ReplyDelete